happy together with my new Notebook installed with Windows 10 an Office 2013, I enjoy my glass of red wine and try to add my Outlook Mail accounts like every time, when I have to reconfigure my Notebook.
But nothing works!!!
Outlook tells me:
An encrypted connection to your mail server is not available. Click next to attempt using an unencrypted connection.
But also the unencrypted connection doesn
Login to https://outlook.com works, so my password is correct.
Not able to configure your Outlook as an IT Consultant makes me doubt about my profession, so I have to start some research.
So what happened with Outlook 2013?
Microsoft tell us, that we dont need the outlook connector anymore as in Office 2007 or 2010.
Instead, we use Microsoft EAS (Exchange Active Sync)
“Exchange ActiveSync is a protocol that lets Outlook 2013 connect to services such as Outlook.com to access email, calendar, contacts, and tasks. Using Exchange ActiveSync to connect Outlook 2013 to an Exchange Server is not supported”
1. Let`s start to configure our mail account. As usual we add a new account.
2. Choose the manual configuration
3. Here we need the EAS (Exchange Active Sync)
4. In the following step, Microsoft tell us to fill in the following Server address.
5. If we go further, we get the message, that the given EAS Server is not reachable.
6. If you had the same Issue, try to login with your browser in www.hotmail.com
7. After your login was successful, note the address, you are connected with.
8. So with these information we can try to connect our Mail Account.
Let us change the Server address we want to connect…
Microsoft documented the Server address „m.hotmail.com“
https://outlook.com connected to in my example to
So, as if you see, dub-m.hotmail.com did the trick for me!